Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More pumpkins and sweetcorn

Went down the plot on Monday evening and planted two more tomato plants to even out the row. I have also planted three atlantic giant pumpkin at the edge of plot with the idea that they can ramble along the path. It shouldn't pose a problem as the path is between me and the fence between the horses field so it will not bother anybody else as only I use the path.


I have given this plot a good sprinkling of chicken manure to help things along and I also gave it a good watering as it has been so dry - as a result it absolutely stinks !

You can the chicken manure in tonights photo it looks like rabbit pellets when it has got wet hopefully it will start to release its goodness and make my plants grow.



1 Comments:

At 6:29 am, Blogger Matron said...

Have the chicken manure pellets worked? I have always wondered about using them for some veggies that might need a burst of energy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home