Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Friday, June 06, 2008

Planting out time

This week is going to be a busy one. I have lots and lots to plant out. I have grown almost everything in cells a t home even runner beans and broadies and peas. Last year I had almost zero germination with seeds that were direct sown into the ground so I wasn't prepared to take any chances. All of the plants have out grown their pots and are desperate to be out in the real world.


This is part of the ground that Dad dug over for me whilst I was away, so all I had to do was turn it over bash it about and it was ready to go.


I certainly didn't trust myself to guestimate a straight line - you know my track record - so I relied on string markers to help me out ! Three rows of broad beans should keep us going for a while !


Long shot of the plot so you can see how its coming along. Runner bean frame is still standing !! Three days and counting !


I ran out of time on Tuesday night, so on Wednesday I went back down and put another row of peas in. In retrospect I think I have been over generous in the space between the rows so I think I'll fit some lettuce or radish to fill the void !



This part of the plot is full so all that needs to happen is for the slugs to keep away, the sun to shine and the rain to calm down and all should be well - oh I forgot I live in Wales that will never happen !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home