Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sunday's Work

If you look carefully you can see my attempt to provide support for the wall of sweet peas I am hoping to have. I need to add extra string because I can see that four lines of horizontal twine is not sufficient for the job.


I dug a trench and filled it with this lovely compost, part manure part liberated waste from the flower shop http://welshgirlsallotment.blogspot.com/search?q=industrial. After the compost went in I planted about thirty plants and need to bring the rest down from the house to plant the rest of the row up !

I also planted a row of carrots, beetroot and spring onions and planted out two rows of eating peas. They will need staking but I will have to have a rumage to find something too support them, they are only two inches high at the moment so they should be ok for a few days !!

... and this was dinner - fresh purple sprouting brocoli, picked cut and eaten raw with my lovely roast beef dinner cooked by my lovely mam - what more could a girl ask for !


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home