Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Finally taking shape

All the hard work is starting to pay off, my Dad came with his rotivator on Friday and whizzed this part of the plot up for me ..

admire it from another angle !!


Just this bit left to wade through and this plot will almost be perfect to recieve all the palnts that I have been lovingly raising at home !

Dad moved the last of the dahlias for me so I am hoping that I can sort this section out fairly quickly and get the raspberries in.

I am starting to feel more upbeat about the plot in general, it has been a hard slog for weeks getting through the weeds and compacted ground but Fridays work has made me a lot happier. It looks like somewhere I want to put my plants and still believe they will grow !!

6 Comments:

At 7:33 am, Blogger dND said...

It's great once you can start to see the progress, isn't it. Even though the weeds come back next year they seem a bit easier to get rid of.

Your allotment is looking good.

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger Willeyedoney said...

Looks like you have a good source of manure very close at hand. :)

 
At 7:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good! One more heave and you'll get a harvest. Don't give up!!

 
At 7:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks good! You're making great progress.

 
At 5:30 am, Blogger JD said...

Looking good, just keep on top of the weeds and you'll be ok.

 
At 8:32 am, Blogger Matron said...

That saves so much hard work to use a rotavator - what lovely soil you have! I just find it chops up the weed roots a bit too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home