Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

More weeding.

My dad has given me a load of autumn fruiting raspberries which wered surplus to his requirements. I have decided to put all my fruit bushes together, this means the dahlias I have been rescuing need to be moved some where else. This strip of land seemed a good place so that when you look to the far end of the plot you will see a great display of dahlias.



The only problem was the matted couch grass and impressive docks which have become established over the winter and spring. I made a start last night ...


and then went back down this morning to finish the job off. The sun was beating down but luckily there was quite a cool breeze - good job really because I would have given up if it wasn't for the breeze !


It was worth the effort becuse even if I say so myself, my trench looks quite good !!



All that remains now is to dig up the rest of the mutant dahlias and move them down the other end of the plot and plant up the raspberries - nice job for the morning !



Have you ever seen tubers this big ?? This is just from one plant !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home