Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

An onion !!


I haven't been down to the plot for a while, but the last time I did go I was sad enough to take a picture of one of my onions which has poked its head through. At the time I took this photo we had just endured rain of almost biblical proportions, it had been raining quite literally non stop for about a week and the clay part of my soil was sodden. Now we have the other extreme it has been so cold it is silly. I have even had to light my log burner in the day to keep warm as I am holding out on the central heating. We have buckled and put it on as when the temperature hit minus 5 it felt appropriate to heat the house !!

2 Comments:

At 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Well done - seeing your first shoot is a great moment, isn't it :-D

 
At 9:07 pm, Blogger Matron said...

What a wonderful sight to see a green shoot in November! I'm trying to keep stuff going all through the Winter this year. Trying pak choi, rocket and winter lettuce. Let me know what you think of my blog - take a visit. Matron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home