Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

And their in .....

After much promising we actually have growth at the plot, cabbages, Vanguard, red and white onions, Electric and Swift. There is actually a method in the madness of my bizarre planting scheme. The cabbages have been planted in a square and there are two rows of onions in the middle. I have done it this way to protect them from the marauding wellies of my daughter, if she can see a bit of green then I can hope she will not trample on the onions in the middle.

The whole allotment is on a twist and a tilt, so even though I marked out straight rows I don't appear to have them - it depends on where you are standing as to how straight the rows are - honestly - anyway this is food to eat not to look at !!!

2 Comments:

At 6:58 am, Blogger Greenmantle said...

Congratulations! The first plot planting is always a landmark event.

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Dave said...

Hey great idea - I might have to try that. I have a 2yr old who likes to walk right across the middle of seed beds!

Great blog - you've done an amazing job of turning the plot into something you can use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home