Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not much progress today ....

Yesterday I promised to attack the area by my bench with hedge clippers and enthusiasm I got the clippers out of the shed but realised that I had left my enthusiasm behind. Firstly I had walked to the lottie only to find that I had left the keys on the table in the house. Luckily I live a few mins away but I have a steep set of steps to climb so it makes it hard work for an unfit person like me to climb.Got back down the lottie an it was warm, the were birds singing so I just lay on the ground with my eyes shut enjoying a beautuful morning. after about ten mins I realised I ought to make a start but found it really hard going today, the heat was becoming oppressive - sorry to the people being lashed by gales and torrential rain, but Sunny South Wales has lived up to its name today it is absolutely gorgeous.

Back to the plot, as you can from the photo I have snipped a bit and added to my vast bonfire but it doesn't look that impressive for an hours work, nevermind I've got a few days off over the weekend and will be back on Monday morning straight after school to tackle that grotty patch



I am just waiting to get my spring cabbage, onions and garlic in the ground - shouldn't be to long before we are ready. I am also going to make a sowing of winter lettuce and spring onions (gibbons in my part of the world !) this afternoon into seed trays and hopefully by the time they pop their heads up the ground will be ready for them. Have a nice weekend and will give you an update on Monday !!!

4 Comments:

At 9:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Welshgirl

I found your site via Self-sufficient-ish. It looks like you've been busy with your plot and have got a load done in a short time. I like your blog and will keep coming back to see how you're getting on.

 
At 7:21 pm, Blogger welsh girls allotment said...

Thanks Pumpkin, we have been busy and it is so pleasing to be almost at a olanting stage this quickly considering how dreadful it looked when I took it over, have checked out your blog, the choc and courgette loaf sounds lush, I will link you on my blog as well thanks for the comments keep popping back as I try to update daily !

 
At 10:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the look of the loaf - it certainly seems to be a hit in cyberspace!

I'm sure you will really enjoy getting something in the ground and waiting for it to grow (though the waiting can fell difficult at times!). Taming an overgrown plot is a huge job (one I'm having only mixed and very slow success at) so I wish you all the best with it.

 
At 10:55 am, Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

Leave plenty of space when you plant those courgettes next year to make the courgette cake. (You could always cheat and buy some so you can make it sooner). They spread much more than you think. I planted mine too close and now I need a machete to get in and pick them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home