Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

An apology .....

I am sorry but I cannot help but be smug and proud, this plot had not seen cultivation in approx 3 years, on 16th September myself, my beloved husband, our friend Rees and my Dad attacked the plot with strimmers and hedge trimmers. Then came the creation of our bonfire with all the bits we have chopped down. Next was the digging, digging and more digging removing weeds and bramble roots and yesterday in comes the rotivator and turns over my soil ready for planting. I couldn't have done this so quickly on my own and have to thank my Dad for his advice and hard work - now its down to me to me to plant tend and care for my crops but I'll still need Dad to give me advice !

Just look at the difference in these two photos, the overgrown nature reserve is what we encountered that first morning and the second photo shows how we left it yesterday and if it hadn't been for the torrential rain it could have looked like that last weekend. Anyway enough boasting as pride comes before a fall so its off to the seed catalogues to plan out next years harvest.






9 Comments:

At 12:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I've never visited your blog before but i can see the work you've done on the allotment. You must have Popeye's muscles by now.

 
At 9:49 am, Blogger RobD said...

You're not going to make any friends like that ;>) I'm going to have to stop reading your blog now it's too depressing for those of us who have barely enough clear ground to start digging!

So, your Dad must be free now then...

 
At 10:09 am, Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

That's really impressive. You've worked hard and transformed the plot. It'll look different again next June when you'll have rows and rows of yummy veggies coming up all over the place.

 
At 5:40 am, Blogger Greenmantle said...

Brilliant work WG! - even if Dad did it, take some pride as the Project Manager.

My advice would be to get some stuff in quickly so you will have something to motivate you through the winter.

Best
GM

 
At 8:49 am, Blogger welsh girls allotment said...

Cabbage is going in on Wednesday along with red and white onions,spring onions, winter lettuce and some experimental carrots !!

I have done loads of digging, stone picking and bramble clearance its not just my Dad's work you know !!

 
At 8:57 am, Blogger welsh girls allotment said...

Do not click on the link from shara above, this is comment spam and as a result I have set up controls to prevent it happening again, God knows what virus I've downloaded know by clicking on it - stupid me

 
At 11:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! Looking forward to seeing how you crops do.

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger allotmenteer said...

Wow! That is really impressive. I took over a plot last year and I know what hard work it is to dig out all those weeds and brambles. Good luck with your planting.

 
At 1:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home