Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Damn brambles

The evil brambles have been cleared completely, some of the roots were longer than my daughter is tall. They are now all on the ever increasing bonfire waiting for Bonfire Night so we can have a few sparklers and get rid of all the brambles and rubbish we have collected so far.





Another little helper !

As well as an allotment fairy I also have another little helper, my daughter came with us yesterday and helped to pick stones and dig. She also talked to the horses and got quite cross when they got bored and wandered off -Look this way horsey she shouted at him


1 Comments:

At 11:55 pm, Blogger shell said...

hi welsh girl, i am a lancashire girl who has just bought my first house in essex with my husband to be. Our 80ft garden looks just like your brambles did before you got rid of them. I bet you are very proud of all your hard work! we have managed to strim ours to the ground and had a mighty bonfire the other night, any top tips on how to rid the roots? thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home