Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Big Bonfire !!



My bonfire is ever increasing and is now approaching silly proportions, it doesn't look that impressive in this pic but if you think that the plot it is on is roughly the same size as the one I have cleared and have planted on you may get an idea of the size of it. My neighbour has been digging out her bramble roots and I told her to add them to my bonfire as it would give her a clear plot to work on. To add to this there are two builders sacks of brambles to add to this and a load more branches. This will be one hell of a fire when it gets going I was thinking of keeping for bonfire night but I think it may be better to do it earlier in the day so that I can keep with it as I expect it will burn for a long time.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 pm, Blogger RobD said...

I do hope you're not going to set fire to the pile as it is? You should start it somewhere else and then add to it as it gets going - this is not only safer for you but enables any wildlife to escape before you roast them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home