Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Cabbage

These cabbages were planted almost as soon as we had cleared the land, my Dad gave me some plants and in they went on a drizzly grisly day - just to have something growing int the ground. For months they have looked sickly and unhappy until one day my Dad said I'll sprinkle some nitrate of amonia around those cabbages and water it in - that will perk them up...

Within a week they had turned into this ...
and a further week later I could actually harvest them !! They have continued to grow so well that one of them has actually gone to seed - I think the yellow flowers are so pretty that I have left this cabbage where it is - yes I know its a veg plot but flowers are so pretty !!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home