Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Strawberries

I find it hard to believe that the strawberries have changed from this .....

to this - in little over three weeks, the unseasonal sunshine and warmth we have been experiancing and the downpours of rain for a couple of days have brought them on no end, the pine needles I have mulched them with seem to be doing the job but I did notice a thistle trying hard to grow amongst my soon to be prized fruit so he was dispatched !

You may not be able to see clearly on these photos but a couple of plants already have flowers on them - I apperciate that I am a novice in these matters but surely its to early?

You can also see my daughters gnome - doing a sterling job of protecting the allotment, underneath his arm is a rain gauge and whilst not being a scientific instrument it recorded and inch and a half of rain from Monday to Tuesday to morning - no wonder my weeds are looking healthy - also did you know that gnome stands for Gardening Naturally Over Mother Earth - useless bit of information for a pub quiz !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home