Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Onion


The onions have been planted in the old strawberry bed, it was dug over and rotivated last week and left to settle and then approx 150 onions - red, Red Karmen and the white Setton have been carefully planted by the Genie.

The birds are showing an interest in the allotment now there is a bit of action so we have covered the onion bed with twigs in a effort to make them play somewhere else ! However twigs alone do not seem to be working as I had to replant a few sets yesterday so I am going to find an old video tape and strings lengths of it from the twigs to see if that will scare them away, you dont seem to see the free cd's any more, so I will give video tape a go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home