Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dydd Gwyl Dewi hapus

On this important day in Wales I thought I'd share this story with you, I caught the end of Newsnight last night and it was alleged that the last ever recording Jimi Hendrix made was of the Welsh National Anthem a few days before he died. Immediately my ears perked up as I am a massive Hendrix fan and of course the Welsh connection was fabulous. However on hearing the clip of alleged recording it was obvious that it wasn't him, my brother in law is an excellent guitarist and he used to play the Anthem at the end of his set and his version far excelled the recording played on TV. However it turns out that it was a marketing hoax and was actually performed by Martin Davies from the punk band The Vibrators. Here is the link to the story on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6406961.stm Hendrix and the Welsh National Anthem hmm an intriguing comination while it lasted !!! What next Jim Morrison singing Myfanwy ? Janis Joplin singing Sospan Fach ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home