Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hoe Hoe Hoe - especially for the Genie !

This morning I have visited the plot and have hoed my onions, this has been a job that has been delayed due to many factors including general apathy, laziness, idleness and any other adjective associated with the bone idle family. I have come to the conclusion that I am more of a glasshouse orchid than a winter cabbage when it comes to plot matters - I prefer a bit of sun, no wind and I like it to be dry, however my Dad is a true winter cabbage who knows its got to be done so stop whining and get on with it - it must be a generational thing !

Strawberries, onions, garlic and winter cabbage have all been hoed, however you can see a small strip where I have planted my garlic too closely together and as a result I couldn't safely get there so they can fend for themselves for the time being.


1 Comments:

At 8:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Thank You! At last a gardener who confesses to ummm... "less energentic moments"?... :-) Sometimes I think we come across as monomanic workaholics to non-gardeners. So, please allow me to join the band of Gardeners Anonymous: "Hi. My name is Mike, and I am a Lazy Gardener!" :-)

I confess that I, too, don't like working in wet soil. Of course it helps having the excuse that I'm working with quite a heavy soil, so working it when it is wet is bad for the soil structure. I do like digging in the hot sun, though... A bit mad, I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home