Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Keep heart ....

I have tried numerous times to post these photos in the order that I want them to appear but to no avail, so pic 4 is the next plot ..... I had vision of it all being dead and almost bare earth underneath the bonfire as it had been there since we started- fool that I am. Never mind, onwards and upwards or should that be downwards as its all dig dig dig now, I will not let this beat me, in fact here are some pictures of my Dad's allotment to remind me how it should be done and more importantly what it will look like by August !

Sweetcorn mini jungle just after harvesting


Raspberry and sweet pea tunnel netted and full of C.D's to deter the birds


Stunning Dahlia display - some of which are coming to visit me very soon !
My grotty plot as of yesterday loads of brambles, couch and heavens knows what else


Strawberry beds after harvesting and tidying, the space next to the strawberry plants is cunning plan on my Dad's part, he is surround by a broadleaf wood which is home to squirrels and many birds so he throws squishy strawberries onto the empty patch of ground and the lazt squirrels and birds help themselves and leave the nice plants alone - working with nature not against it!

3 Comments:

At 12:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the digging, its been so wet here that i have still not finished mine - so now i am considering lazy beds for my spuds which should give me more time to battle with the couch - with all the rain were having its reappeared where iv already dug grrrrr

 
At 2:32 pm, Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

You'll get there. You put in so much preparation work, and obviously your dad is very experienced so he'll be giving you excellent tips and advice. It'll pay off, I promise.

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I have a lot of problems with loading photos too. I have discovered that if I load them backwards, before I do any text...they come on in the right order and then I do the typing round the pictures. However...it isn't easy as quite often using the back arrow wipes out the pictures!
Sometimes I get so fed up I resort to posting one photo per post!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home