Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Garlic



I found some garlic languishing in the fridge, I was going to throw it in the compost but then I thought I stick in the ground and see what happens. I wasn't sure how to plant it so I treated it like an onion and planted it up to its shoulders. However upon further reading I found out that it should be planted twice its depth, so I pulled it up to replant.

I am thrilled how well it has grown, the first pic doesn't look that good but the second picture shows just how much it has taken off - I only planted it about 2-3 weeks ago and its the best thing on the plot !! - What a reflection on my life that I am getting so excited by this !!

Garlic has now been lifted and replanted at a suitable depth and width and should continue to flourish !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home