Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Seed Planting

Planted a few seeds last week, courgettes,cucumbers,tomatoes,melons and peas into toilet rolls and peppers, tomatoes, datura (big showy flowers) into black pots with a bit of water and a food bag. I placed the toilet rolls by my wood stove and the food bag/pot combo's on the radiator in the spare room ...


Her are my fireside peas after six days (Hatif D'Annonay from Real Seeds in case you were wondering)

On the left we have courgettes, a bush variety from Real Seeds, next are the yet to appear melons and peppers, the cucumbers have gone crazy and reaching for the sky and next tothem are spindly little tomatoes.
The peppers and toms in the spare room germinated after 3 days and have been moved to a cooler window sill. The cucumbers will need repotting I think otherwise they will get out of control !!

4 Comments:

At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love using the inside of toilet tubes - everyone at work collects them for me - they think I'm a bit scary!! :o) They are sooo useful though!

 
At 12:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a little head of me! i still need to start sowing my toms and peas

 
At 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Welsh girl,
I came to see your peas, you were very early, how have they come on now?
I'm growing the same seeds and the bushes are only about 10 inches tall but have several flat little pods on.
I know they only grow to be small bushes, but there's small and there's too small.
Isnt it exciting!

 
At 5:26 pm, Blogger welsh girls allotment said...

hmmm I was a bad plant mummy and they have gone to the big plant heaven in the sky/compost bin I was way to excited and ahead of myself.

However I have got two rows in the plot which are coming along nicely and I will plant some more as soon as it stops raining for a t least three days on the trot !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home