Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Digging Diggin and more digging

The second half of the second plot is proving to be a bit of a sod to dig - like I know because the Genie is doing it and keeps shooing me away when I try to help, not that I'm complaining mind being a Daddy's girl certainly has its advantages !!

The roots are proving difficult to remove as there are a combination of brambles and raspberry and couch, there appears to be little point in trying to save the raspberries they have been allowed to grow rampantly for a few years and there appears to little good root stock to transplant - so out they come and onto the bonfire

This plot is beginning to remeble the mountain side the grass is so tough to get through - I can tell by looking at it !! In the foreground you can the rhubarb cordoned off and the soft fruit cwtched up under a blanket to save it from any frost as these last few days have been very cold in the nights

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home