Monday night's work
This patch has been allocated as the emergency potato patch, I say emergency because its getting very late for potatoes, fortunately the label say they can be planted up as late as June but I don't want to wait that long.
This patch isn't ideal as it was last years potato patch and we all know that we should rotate our crops properly but the spot I had intended to plant them is going to be a lot harder to dig than I thought and I think time will overtake so they are being shoved in here with compost and lots of hope.
It has to be dug before I can plant and I was supprised just how hard it was to dig. Even though it looks weed free, the sun has baked the surface to a hard crust, I didn't fancy faffing around watering it so I just got on with it.
I got this far and I got fed up, there is only a small bit left so I will have to finish it off on Tuesday and then get the potatoes in.
I wandered off and looked for another job. Back in the beginning when I took this plot on I found a length of green netting which I put safe and tonight it came useful for creating support for the peas. I am not sure how good it will be - time will tell.
A full length shot of the plot just to see how things are beginning to take shape.