Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

New plot

This was the state of the number two plot before we started to clear the ground, the second picture shows some of he roots that my Dad had dug out, blackberries, couch, thistles you name it it was there. This photo show almost all of the plot and in the distance you can the work being undertaken on the second plot

We have an extra compost bin, one of the neighbours who lives across the road from the plot came in one day and asked would I like a compost bin as he doesn't use it anymore so now I have two compost bins with lids and my open bin at the other end of the plot you can also see my water butt donated yes you guessed by Daddy !!


Shock horror -I have actually done some digging myself ! We have recently had a few days of rain and this brought up thistles and weeds and the odd blade of couch grrr, so I spent a beautiful sunny morning re-digging and removing a bucket full of nasties before they could get too strong

5 Comments:

At 9:31 pm, Blogger clairesgarden said...

looking good! thanks for visiting and your kind comment, any veggies at this time of year are just so appreciated, real food!!

 
At 8:17 am, Blogger Shirl said...

Can't wait to see how the allotment's going to turn out - it should be magnificent.....:0)

 
At 6:38 pm, Blogger Matron said...

Those pesky old weeds.. they just keep coming. We haven't had any rain down here for months.

 
At 6:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello fellow allotment blogger. Hope you don't mind but I have put a link to you on my blog. See me at http://citychickens.co.uk
Bye
Happy growing

 
At 3:35 pm, Blogger Frankie Baby said...

So your dad yeah. Available to hire is he?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home