Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Strange Dahlias

I have had some beautiful blooms from the Dahlia tubers that my father gave me from his allotment. However these ones have been acting a little strange, the first six or so blooms were stripy like these, then it threw out one completely red bloom with no stripes ( sorry didn't take a picture)



If that wasn't a bit unusual, the plant then surpassed itself itself by developing this bloom ....


I have never seen anything like this in my life, I can assure you there is no camera trickery involved the flower has developed like this - I can barely blog - nevermind meddle with photos !!

Does anybody know anything about Dahlias or have any idea why this would have happened - my freaky flower currently has pride of place on my kitchen windowsil !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home