Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Courgettes on the loose

I think I may have a seriuos problem on the cards. At the beginning of the season I thought I had planted three courgette plants and 12 cucumbers.

How wrong was I, now that they are finally deigning to bear fruit, I have one cucumber left ( slugs) and 12 twelve very healthy courgette plants.


I have heard terrifying stories about courgette mountains and I am in a bit of panic, so far they are fruiting quite sedately but the devil in me threw a couple of handfuls of chicken manure around them on Monday - will I live to regret this ??
This is the courgette patch
Courgette plants all bearing pretty flowers, even if I do have an unmanagable glut I will make this http://allotment.humanlint.com/2006/09/24/surprisingly-good/ - a chocolate courgette cake as made by Pumpkin Soup - I did try to edit the link but it appears that task is beyond me at the moment !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home