Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Rescue the carrots and leeks

On Wednesday evening it was the turn of the leeks and carrots to be resuced.



If you look really - really hard you can see the difference !! Three buckets of weeds came from that small area not that you would know from the photo.



On the next visit I will clear the ground between the leeks and the peas on the right of the photo and that will be another little bit done.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 pm, Blogger Matron said...

We just couldn't have a Welsh girl without her leeks, could we? I have been saving the insides of toilet rolls to help blanching more of the stems.

 
At 6:20 pm, Blogger clairesgarden said...

well done you with all the weeding, I have been trying to get my path weeded in-between heavy showers for the last week. the scottish summer. . . . .
your veggies look fab.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home