Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

More weed clearance

I think its fair to say that the weeds are close to out of control, it makes depressing viewing, however I blame the slugs myself (not my laziness of course)... if they hadn't eaten all of my pumpkin plants then most of the plot would been covered in rambling squashes with no space for the damn weeds !



There is nothing for it but do penance, on my hands and knees with a fork and a trowel and go through the plot by hand to remove the weeds and their roots, it is strangely satisfying to the result of a few evenings hard work


Don't get to confident though, there is still this bit to do !



I found a bit of old carpet and threw it over the site of an old fire that I had some weeks ago, the roots that didn't burn completely had sprouted and was growing away quite merrily. The carpet is more of an attempt to hide the weeds than kill them as I know in my heart they will have to be removed by hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home