Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Autumn is officially on the way

Yet again it was almost dark when I left the plot this evening, but I thought I'd share this photo with you of my elderflower tree getting ready to shed its leaves. The trees across the valley are beginning to change colour as well.

Also I noticed it is getting darker much earlier this week than it did last week, about 1/2 hour earlier in fact. It was about 10 past 8 when I took this photo and already it is almost dark, last week it was decent light until about 1/4 to 9.

6 Comments:

At 6:44 am, Blogger JD said...

I'm also finding the nights are closing in now. About 8.30pm is time to head home but it has been milder lately but a little bit rain might be nice. Same tasks here, weeding & digging, tidying up plot for winter.

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger clodhopper said...

Noooooo! I want more summer. T'will be time for muck spreading soon enough.

 
At 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its hard to believe that summer is almost over, not that it ever started :)

 
At 7:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first time see an elderflower tree picture. :-)

 
At 9:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a pisser, isn't it? Every year I wonder how I'm going to drag myself through another winter. I thought I had that Seasonal Affective Disorder... but actually winter in this country just IS lousy. Total sympathy.

 
At 12:13 pm, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Autumn is definately here!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home