Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Friday, May 11, 2007

First Victim


If you look carefuly you will be able to see a slimy pointless creature which has greedily drunk my homebrew dregs ! We are onto our second batch of home brew ale and each time we have siphoned the beer from the fermentation bin to the barrel I have saved the murky sediment in the bottom to use in slug traps. On Wednesday I laid seven traps about the plot and the following day I checked the pots and found seven victims. I have gone for the belt and braces approach to slugs - beer traps and pellets and when my new book comes back from Ebay - "101 ways to kill a slug" I can experiment with some more !!

1 Comments:

At 9:30 pm, Blogger Alastair said...

I agree slimy pointless creature. I hope the traps keep doing their job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home