Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Onions are in.


You'll have to take my word for it but today I have planted white onions, shallots and garlic, you can't really see them an the ones you can see look like small stones !! As long as the birds don't pinch them you'll see them when they grow !

6 Comments:

At 9:08 pm, Blogger Gordon Mason said...

You put me to shame; must get mine in. Think it'll be an onion plantation this year as I seem to have over-bought. I got some from a garden cente but then the local allotment trading hut had them at such a good price I bought piles more.

 
At 11:12 pm, Blogger welsh girls allotment said...

Ha ha me too, I've still got a bag of red onions to get in and more garlic but time ran out on me I'll have to get back down there !!

 
At 2:14 pm, Blogger RobD said...

I have a couple of hundred sets in module trays in our attic bedroom at home, now too mention the overwintering varieties I put in. Or the shallots. Chutney anyone?!

 
At 8:09 am, Blogger Paul and Melanie said...

I grew about 120 onions last year and ran out in January (we make a lot of curries...) so I've got 250 sets to go in this year plus will add some shallots to that next time I pass a garden center. Hopefuly that'll last us a bit longer this year... ;)

 
At 5:29 pm, Blogger The Allotment Blogger said...

Wah - looks great! We put ours in last week, but pigeons came along and pulled loads of them out. We had some overwintering ones on the plot we co-work and they didn't get pecked up, so perhaps birds only do it in spring?

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see fellow welshies on the blog! Take a peek at my blog when you get the chance!

http://ryans-garden.blogspot.com/

Keep up the good work!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home