Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Quick update

Sweetcorn update especially for Matron, a liberal dose of chicken manure and a slosh of tomato feed has seen them perk up no end, they definately look healthier whether this will translate into healthy crop is another matter but tis pic taken about two weeks ago and they look good to me !!


Baby pumpkin on the way !!!

Tomato patch, with the sweetcorn in the background all coming along nicely.


I haven't been to the plot for about ten days I have had a throat infection, my daughter's been ill and then when we all got better Saturday and Sunday were a complete wash out so I am a little afraid as to the state of the weeds.

This weeks rain is looking even more outrageous so it will be touch and go when I will be able to get down to the plot so the weeds may be triffids .... grr !


2 Comments:

At 10:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the sore throat followed by the head cold that's been going round here as well? I've got it too and am thoroughly pissed off with it.

 
At 7:34 am, Blogger Matron said...

As much as I love pottering and watering and weeding... I think they would be perfectly fine without me. I have heard of allotmenteers that water a plant when they plant it and grow their allotments successfully without watering at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home