Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Blogger is still playing about with my photos so I will just comment as I go along!!
I thought that the rhubarb would have made a show by now and after rumaging around in the grass I found it cleared around it and put a compost bin on top to attempt to force to it I had to put a piece of carpet on the one side to keep the light out.




Here is a small patch of ground I dug over and you can see the carpet needed to obscure the light to help force the rhubarb.


I also laid a path with ashes from the rayburn - looks a bit like a diary of the different fuels we have buring over the winter



This photo should be first in the list as it shows the first plot cleared, weeded, dug over and then Dad came in and rotarvated it for me .




I haven't written much to accompany these photos as the space bar is playing up on my laptop and it is very annoying to keep going back and putting the spaces in - anyone got any ideas how I can fixit???

3 Comments:

At 1:59 pm, Blogger Paul and Melanie said...

Wow, love all that rotovated ground, looks so nice when its just been done like that :)

 
At 8:38 am, Blogger Matron said...

Once the rhubarb does start to grow it will race away! mine is just about ready to pick and I only covered it a couple of weeks ago!

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger RobD said...

Turn the computer upside down and given it a bang or two, probably just something stuck under the key. Think we're a bit ahead of you with the rhubarb here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home