Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Annual Weeds

Although the pea and broad bean rows look terrible, on closer inspection I wasn't all that bothered. Most of them are annual weeds which are a lot easier to deal with than dock leaves, bindweed, horsetail which take a lot of repetitive digging and patience.


However, half an hours weeding and a bit of hoeing saw it looking like this.

Already the nights are drawing in, I couldn't understand why I was unable to see to the bottom end of the plot - it had got so dark by 9.15 that I couldn't see 50 feet away ! So it was time to pack up and come home albeit unwillingly.

9 Comments:

At 8:57 pm, Blogger Rhiannon said...

Nice weeding, I wish I could get my rows of leeks to look this good. They were choked recently and even after lots of weeding they looked rather raggity

 
At 9:17 pm, Blogger RobD said...

Have you considered getting solar lights? ;>)

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Peggy said...

Hi,I wandered into your blog and enjoyed your posts. I have an allotment in Ireland just as wet and windy if not more so then Wales! I laughed as we had the same problem with brassicas, the labels got lost so we did not know what we were actually growing untl they produced something. We ahve our plot since last year and are definitely only learning.
Peggy www.organicgrowingpains.blogspot.com

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Peggy said...

Hi from wet and windy Ireland. We seem to suffer from the same weather problems.I have linked your blog as we also seem to be growing the same type of veg with about as much know how! best wishes
Peggy

 
At 3:43 pm, Blogger The Allotment Blogger said...

I know, it's so annoying about the dark evenings - if I'd known how quickly it was going to turn into autumn I swear I'd have slept up on the plot in July just to make the most of it!

 
At 12:14 am, Blogger John said...

I have tons of weeds in my rock garden. I usually have my mother weed..I guess I love planting but hate the weeding part.

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger RobD said...

I want an update!

 
At 10:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep looking for updates, but in vain. How's it going?

 
At 12:44 am, Blogger Rick Rosenshein said...

Great blog, photos and articles. Very informative. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work. Rick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home