Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Plot nasties

The heavy rain that we have been experiancing has brought an unwelcome rash of weeds right across both plots, however, the most enhusiastic growers seems to be thistles they are everywhere in all stages of development - this is a piccy of one of the smaller ones !

3 Comments:

At 9:27 pm, Blogger Alastair said...

We have the same problem, weeds appearing everywhere. Love following the blog. I have it in my RSS reader and check in regularly.

 
At 11:42 am, Blogger The Hilltops Crew said...

I think thistles have to be on a par with slugs on my hate list. I have just spent 2 hours of my Sunday digging the blighters up. This was in a bed that we thought was clear. The worst part is if you leave a tiny bit of root in they grow back, but the root breaks really easily so it is inevitable you will leave some in.... ah well the joys of allotmenteering! Congratulations on the onion, it looks fantastic.

 
At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

We have an allotment in Caerphilly, just starting out so will be keeping an eye on your blog so I can steal your tips!!!

Good luck, this rain is a pain in the a*se can't get anything done!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home