Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I couldn't resist ...

I was very pleased to spot quite a few pods forming on the broad beans ......


...but I couldn't resist - a bit like a child a Christmas I just had to take a look inside, sorry the photo is a bit shaky (must have been the excitement) but nestled inside the furry little pod was six of the dinkiest little broad beans I have ever seen, I sat on the bench in the drizzle and enjoyed each and every one of them - I promise I will allow the rest to mature !

1 Comments:

At 4:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try eating the broad beans 'mangetout'.
Pick when a few inches long and eat the lot. The Italians cook in oil with pancetta or bacon, absolutely delicious.
The amount you actually eat is probably more than just the beans after all that podding, never mind waiting for them to fill.(or rot, or get blown over, or devoured by blackfly).
Anyhow, the more you pick, the more they grow. And so much sooner.
Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home