Welsh Girl's Allotment

Hello World,(a bit ambitious as only my mam knows I am here yet !) This is my blog detailing my quest for an allotment, its cultivation and hopefully bountiful crops. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A HELLO !!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The story so far ..

I have decided that I need an allotment, fresh air exercise and good food to eat, however getting one hasn't been as easy I thought, most in my village seem completely abandoned without so much as one plot on the go. I checked my local councils web site and found the location of a few, the best one is about three quarters of a mile away uphill and anybody familiar with the glorious Welsh Valley's will know that uphill means uphill, as I don't drive carrying tools and equipment on a regular basis until I can get a shed will soon dampen my enthusiasm. I also have to consider the very short legs of my three year old daughter who will be coming with me after school.

Luckily my Dad is a keen lottie person and has been talking to those in the know and one of the lotties I thought was a wildlife reserve is actually being used. I have been for a look and there appears to be two or three plots maintained the rest is a complete jungle covered in brambles, this apparently is a good sign as it may have suffocated the weeds underneath. There wasn't a soul around the evening I went for a look so I have the contact details of chap in charge, I have rung him three times and left a message but still no luck, just my luck I am brimming with enthusiam and can't get going.

Come on Mr.C. (the allotment man) I want a lottie !!

I also intend to post weather reports and any other things I think may be of interest nothing technical I will just put my head out of the door and advise on what I see !!

Misty rain, cold grey and grotty - Autumn is on the way

3 Comments:

At 1:08 pm, Blogger Angel Way said...

Good luck with your quest and I hope to hear that you and your family are fitter and healthier form all the good food and exercise you will get from your allotment

 
At 9:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - welcome to the blogging/veg growing fold :)

I've found your blog via a comment you left on Pumpkin Soup so I'll be following your progress (and your Dad's - they're great aren't they!) and linking from mine. Good luck :)

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger welsh girls allotment said...

Hi Burro will be linking you soon on here, thanks for the link, I'm not sure how long your comment has been languishing down here as I havn't checked for ages but great ti hear keep commenting I like to know people are reading !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home